Sunday 9 June 2013

Swings

Swings and Happiness
I love swings. 

I was ecstatic when I saw a huge swing outside our hotel room window in Muzaffarabad. The swing was a sweet thrill in the slight chill of the vicinity. I enjoy the occasional swing rides that I earn during our routine walk expeditions in the moon-lit parks located in our neighbourhood in Lahore.

My fondness for swings has culminated in getting me a closer version of the same. An unfortunate accident has left me with one leg plastered in a heavy rock solid cast. To aid my movement, I have with me a pair of crutches. 

Dramatically, crutches are no less than swings. With either clamped beneath my armpit, I get to take swings and swings and swings. Just that they sometimes tend to throw me overboard if I hasten to miscalculate the landing coordinates!


Surely, all my love and lust for swings will now stand categorically served.

1 comment:

  1. That's certainly a lovely outlook on the hated crutches!!

    ReplyDelete